Meals are prepared in Vonja’s restaurant where you will find the finest cuisine, good wine and relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant offers organic foods with fresh, home-grown herbs and vegetables to ensure the finest dining Komatipoort can offer.
Vonja’s Restaurant is an exceptional all-day restaurant, offers delicious South African breakfasts, lunches and dinners with an international flair. At Vonja’s we have taken the traditional food to new heights, by incorporating individually plated, and magnificently presented meals. We invite you to join us and experience a choice of ingredients that have been selected and combined to complement ones sense of aroma and taste
No compromise is taken when selecting our ingredients only the best and freshest is sourced with real olive oil, real butter and fresh herbs. All dishes are freshly prepared – no MSG or artificial flavouring is used in any of our cooking. Vonja’s menu has a wide selection of starters, mains, desserts and light meals, the “BIG 5” ( as my husband refers to) are among our guests most raved about dishes…
- Eggplant stacker (starter) – Fried eggplant slices layered with fresh tomato topped with Belgium yoghurt salt and black pepper
- Pork Wellington (main) – Pork fillet stuffed with mushroom, fresh herbs & mozzarella cheese, wrapped in bacon and baked in puff pastry covered in a honey cream sauce.
- Oxtail – Slow braised with vegetables in a traditional South African potjie.
- King prawns – black tiger king prawns prepared in Vonja’s secret sauce
- Malva pudding (Dessert)– prepared the traditional SA home cooked way
For more information, restaurant bookings and specials, please see www.vonjas.co.za